FreeRTOS CORTEX-LM3Sxxxx_Eclipse demo issues

yyang2000 wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding the FreeRTOS’s CORTEX_LM3Sxxxx_Eclipse demo using on EK-LM3S6965 Eval Kit RevC.
1) Because of this Rev C, the OLED display did not work. I’ve followed the instructions on the download page to replace rit128x96x4 driver for LM3S6965 in the main.c within the CASE statement at the vOLEDTask() function. But OLED didn’t display any thing. I wonder if any one know this issue.
2) I could not get work with the OpenOCD Programmer to load code to flash and OpenOCD server to debug the code. The message showed “<terminated>OpenOCD Programmer[Program] <terminated, exit value:-1073741511>C:\FreeRTOS\Demo|Common\drivers\OpenOCD\openocd_ftdi.exe”. I wonder if it is because somethings with regard to the Eclipse configureations.

Thanks,
Bill

edwards3 wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

I think the OpenOCD server in the download relies on the cygwin1.dll dll. Do you have this in your path? You could obtain a version that is built with YAGARTO and not reliant on the dll.

yyang2000 wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

Thanks for replying. I have downloaded a version from YAGARTO web, which is openocd-r717-20080619.exe. Do you think if I need to install this version of OpenOCD.

jcwren wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

Take a look at http://jcwren.com/lm  I’ve got source there that uses the later display.  You may want to disable the uip code, however, as I never got that working right.  I was trying to get DHCP working, god side-tracked by something shiny, and never got back around to playing with the eval board.  One of the (too) many projects on my list…

–jc

yyang2000 wrote on Thursday, August 07, 2008:

Hi JC,
The LM file has been downloaded, but I don’t have ideal what it is and how to use it. Is it the axf file for download to flash or a uV2 project file? Thanks,
–BY

jcwren wrote on Thursday, August 07, 2008:

Not sure what you mean by unable to use it.  Do you mean the actual lm.tgz file?  Or were you able to extract the files, and you’re asking about something within the archive?

–jc

yyang2000 wrote on Friday, August 08, 2008:

I downloaded the LM.zip file from your web site. After unzip, I got an LM file. Note I am talking on Windows XP. You mentioned the lm.tgz that I guess you talk it should be unzipped on the Linux platform. I am wondering if this file is a source file or a executable code. -BY

jcwren wrote on Friday, August 08, 2008:

Ah.  There are Windows tools to handle .tar files, but I’ll zip it for you.  Look in the same URL for LM.zip

–jc