FreeRTOS 10.4.3 LTS P2 - CortexM33 Issue - Missing Definitions/Functions

Im currently Upgrading from FreeRTOS V10.4.1 used with the CM3-Port to FreeRTOS V10.4.3 LTS P2 with the CM33-Port.

Im facing some issues and was hoping you can help me here:

1.) Is the Cortex-M33 fully supported with 10.4.3? (I am currently using an STM32U575)

2.) In the CM33-Port, if i do not plan to use Trust-Zone, do i still need to build both “non_secure” and “secure” parts of the CM33-port or just “non_secure”? currently ive added both because “non_secure” references definitions/functions only available in “secure”

2.1) Even if i add both “non_secure” and “secure” to the build, i end up with a lot of missing definitons which are not available at all for CM33, but they are for eg. CM3,CM4,CM7. Is the CM33 port still under development? Examples are: portRECORD_READY_PRIORITY/portRESET_READY_PRIORITY​.

Thank you

Yes.

You only need to compile non-secure.

Please set configUSE_PORT_OPTIMISED_TASK_SELECTION to 0 in your FreeRTOSConfig.h. We will add this support to Cortex-M33 port.

hello aggarg, thank you very much for this quick answer. just smiling a bit :slight_smile: so in general cm33 supported but not fully yet. got it. thanks

:slight_smile: What I meant to say is that it is at par with main branch. Also, this is a good resource for ARMv8M ports - Using FreeRTOS on ARMv8-M Microcontrollers - FreeRTOS

oh great, thank you. ill look into it and feedback later.

Ok now it compiles without problem.

A.) Read aggargs link (above)
B.) Use Port CM33 _NTZ if you dont use Trust Zone, i tried CM33
C.) disable configUSE_PORT_OPTIMISED_TASK_SELECTION for now, not yet supported in 10.4.3 LTS P2

solved…