Example01 doesn't build

digitalwiz wrote on Monday, July 07, 2014:

I’m trying to build the examples from the LPC17xx edition of “Using the FreeRTOS Real-time Kernel”. I get the following messages when trying to build Example01.

09:41:11 **** Build of configuration Debug for project CMSISv1p30_LPC17xx ****
make all
Building file: …/src/core_cm3.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -D__REDLIB__ -I"C:\Users\Doug\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.1.1_125\workspace\CMSISv1p30_LPC17xx\inc" -Og -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -D__REDLIB__ -specs=redlib.specs -MMD -MP -MF"src/core_cm3.d" -MT"src/core_cm3.d" -o “src/core_cm3.o” “…/src/core_cm3.c”
C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\cccfXT0x.s: Assembler messages:
C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\cccfXT0x.s:508: Error: registers may not be the same – strexb r0,r0,[r1]' C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\cccfXT0x.s:533: Error: registers may not be the same -- strexh r0,r0,[r1]’
make: *** [src/core_cm3.o] Error 1

So the project CMSISv1p30_LPC17xx, which I’m guessing is a library, isn’t building. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention that freertos_blinky does build and executes apparently correctly.

rtel wrote on Monday, July 07, 2014:

Sorry you are having a problem. This is due to a change in compiler versions. The following link seems to provide a simple fix:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/cmsisv1p30lpc13xx-cannot-be-build-lpcxpresso-ide-ver7

Regards.

Thanks, that did it. Man, is that ever obscure!