Ensuring there's always enough RAM available

Hi,
I have a system where I need to allocate a very large static array, as large as RAM allows.
For that reason I don’t do any dynamic memory allocation.
But my understanding is that freeRTOS does, with its default settings, allocate memory dynamically.
Is there a way to ensure that 100% of freeRTOS memory/resources is allocated statically so I will always know exactly the amount and make my array as large as possible?

If not, what how do I find the absolutely maximum amount of memory it uses in worst case scenario?

Thank you
Rick

Set configSUPPORT_DYNAMIC_ALLOCATION in your FreeRTOSConfig.h to 0.

Thanks.

As aggarg says, if you set configSUPPORT_DYNAMIC_ALLOCATION to 0 there won’t be ANY dynamic allocation in the FreeRTOS kernal, you will have to also set configSUPPORT_STATIC_ALLOCATION to 1 (I don’t think it defaults to on if dynamic is 0, unless that is something new).
Then you can look at your link map and see what is left.

Thank you Richard and Gaurav :slight_smile: