Eclipse + MingW - No output console

I am new to FreeRTOS and Eclipse. To start, I just wanted to build the main_blinky in Eclipse + MingW. I set the constant mainCREATE_SIMPLE_BLINKY_DEMO_ONLY to 1 and build the program. The program builds and creates the exe. When I run the program, I do not see any console output. I am not sure how should I see the output in Eclipse IDE. Can anyone give me some input on this?

Separately, when I run RTOSDemo.exe from windows explorer, the application opens up a command prompt window and displays the message"Trace output saved to trace.dump". The windows explorer shows the trace.dump file created but it is empty.
System Info
Windows 10
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers Version 2019-12(4.14.0) Build id:20191212-1212
FreeROS 10.3.1

Any advice is welcomed.

If you are running from inside eclipse you can start a debug session and step through the code to see what it is doing - the trace dump should only happen if something went wrong. Output should go to the console window inside Eclipse - you may have to explicitly open or at least switch to the console window. Also with mingw the output is not shown until stdout is flushed - but the demo should be set up to do that already.

Thanks a lot for feedback. At least this keeps me moving. While I launched the debug session and stepped into the code, the function vPortGetHeapStats in heap5.c declares a pxBlock pointer and this pointer fetches
pxBlock = xStart.pxNextFreeBlock;
This statement returns NULL. The comment in the file reads that, pxBlock will be NULL if heap is not initialised. I think this could be the source of the problem.

I carried out the same experiment on a different computer that I have access to but I got similar results. This time computer has Windows 7 on it. The FreeRTOS when installed the folder created is FreeRTOSv10.2.1_191129. This computer has a 4GB RAM while the computer used in the first post has a 8GB RAM. Can someone give some more suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Two things:

1. The assert() you experienced is an obsolete test that should be removed. Delete this line https://github.com/FreeRTOS/FreeRTOS/blob/V10.3.1/FreeRTOS/Demo/WIN32-MingW/main.c#L373 (that will mean you can delete the line above and the variables it is using too - but they will be harmless if you remove the assert). Sorry about that.

2. The console output is working for me - see the image below. You need to wait a few seconds before you see anything.

@rtel Thanks a lot. That worked. I can play around more now.