Demo_GCC build fails on Centos 8

I would like to create an emulator for an existing product, and have chosen CentOS 8.3 as the emulator host (running in a Docker image, FWIW). I downloaded FreeRTOSv202104.00 and when I run ‘make’ on the Demo/Posix_GCC, make fails with

/wxsat/FreeRTOSv202104.00/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/ThirdParty/GCC/Posix/port.c: In function 'prvSetupSignalsAndSchedulerPolicy':
/wxsat/FreeRTOSv202104.00/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/ThirdParty/GCC/Posix/port.c:528:28: error: incompatible type for argument 3 of 'pthread_sigmask'
                            *&xSchedulerOriginalSignalMask );
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:359,
                 from /wxsat/FreeRTOSv202104.00/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/ThirdParty/GCC/Posix/port.c:53:
/usr/include/bits/sigthread.h:33:31: note: expected '__sigset_t * restrict' {aka 'struct <anonymous> * restrict'} but argument is of type 'sigset_t' {aka 'struct <anonymous>'}
        __sigset_t *__restrict __oldmask)__THROW;
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:79: build//wxsat/FreeRTOSv202104.00/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/ThirdParty/GCC/Posix/port.o] Error 1

While I am digging into this, I wonder if it’s a known problem with a known solution?

I have gcc v8.4.1, make 4.2.1, and libpcap-devel 1.9.1 (which the startup documentation says should be satisfactory).

Okay, that was too easy. Line 528 of Source/portable/ThirdParty/GCC/Posix/port.c had an extraneous * in front of &xSchedulerOriginalSignalMask. I removed that, re-ran make, ran ./posix_demo and all is well. I don’t know who wants to change that in the repository; I don’t. :slight_smile:

Thanks ! It’s already fixed in the repo since Jan 8, 2021 / FreeRTOS V10.4.4

Great| Interesting filenaming–one would expect “FreeRTOSv202104.00” to contain changes from January 2021. I didn’t think about looking for a Git url.