Can I use the book "Mastering the FreeRTOS™ Real Time Kernel A Hands-On Tutorial Guide" for a training

I am creating an online course where I need to use FreeRTOS. I will need to teach RTOS concepts before moving on to application development.

Can I use the e-book Mastering the FreeRTOS™ Real Time Kernel A Hands-On Tutorial Guide for an online course I am creating ? I intend to open the e-book and take the students through the FreeRTOS concepts. I was thinking rather than preparing my own slides, I could refer to the e-book. This will be a recorded course for an online teaching platform. When I use the book I might annotate places as well. I will not make any changes to the base material and use the book as is and will acknowledge full attribution to the author (Richard).

Since the book has a copyright notice, hence my question. I also intend to use the Reference Manuals.

In case it is not permissible to display the book, please let me know and I will prepare a separate presentation.

Regards

That is not a problem - be aware it is quite out of date though.

Thanks a lot. I understand it’s out of date. As long as the basic APIs mentioned in the book (task creation, Queues, Mutexes, Semaphores) still work with the latest version of FreeRTOS, I’m fine. I will mention in the course that the book is out of date, though the APIs will work.

1 Like