After upgrading from FreeRTOS 8.0.0 to 8.1.2, my project won't compile

pugglewuggle wrote on Monday, December 08, 2014:

I have changed no files other than the FreeRTOS files in the source folder… however, now I’m getting this error:

Error 130 ‘uintptr_t’ undeclared (first use in this function) C:\project\Atmel Studio\USER_APPLICATION1 - Copy\USER_APPLICATION1\src\ASF\common\services\ioport\sam\ioport_pio.h 119 18 USER_APPLICATION1

I have verified with Git that no other files in this project have changed except for the FreeRTOS files from the old version to the new version. FYI - I did also include the stdint.h file in the include directory in the new 8.1.2 source.

I can find no reference to uintptr_t in the FreeRTOS source files so I don’t know how this change could break my project. Please help!

FYI - went back and tried upgrading to FreeRTOS v 8.0.1 doing the exact same file replacements and I do not get this error when building.

I just tried this with version 8.1.0 and it has the same error as 8.1.2 with the uintptr_t… whatever is causing this problem for me started with this version. Any thoughts?

I’ve confirmed that when I leave out the stdint.h file in the include directory, the project compiles just fine with 8.1.2. What’s up with that?

Nevermind, just realized that file is only for compilers without stdint implementation. I didn’t rtfm. Shame on me. Feel free to delete this thread.