Runtime statistics problem

aauer1 wrote on Wednesday, June 19, 2019:

Hi.
I compiled FreeRTOS to use it on my STM32F401 microcontroller. I created two tasks. Each of these tasks is just toggling a LED on the board. This is working as expected.
Then, I enabled the runtime statistics configuration. I initialized some timer and added the necessary defines. Measuring the execution time of the tasks seems to work. I implemented a third task which is just printing the collected stats every 5s on the serial line. And here is the problem:

Everything is fine if I create the tasks in the follwing order (first the printing task, and afterwards the two LED toggle tasks):

xTaskCreate(printStatsTask, "STATS", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, STATS_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);
    xTaskCreate(ledFlashTask0, "LED0", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, LED_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);
    xTaskCreate(ledFlashTask1, "LED1", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, LED_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);

If I reorder the task creation the following way (first the two LED tasks and the last task is the printing task) the output of the statistics is wrong:

xTaskCreate(ledFlashTask0, "LED0", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, LED_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);
    xTaskCreate(ledFlashTask1, "LED1", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, LED_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);
    xTaskCreate(printStatsTask, "STATS", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE, NULL, STATS_TASK_PRIORITY, (TaskHandle_t *) NULL);

I’m getting a totally wrong number for the “LED1” task:

STATS           8056            <1%
LED1            536892724               13176%
IDLE            3029639         74%
LED0            334500          8%
Tmr Svc         65536           1%

Can someone tell me what’s the reason for that? It is totally strange for me.

Thanks,
Andreas

rtel wrote on Wednesday, June 19, 2019:

What are the task priorities?

aauer1 wrote on Wednesday, June 19, 2019:

Task priorities are the same for all 3 tasks: tskIDLE_PRIORITY + 1