FreeRTOS for AVR32 example does not build :-(

s_potter wrote on Friday, December 05, 2008:

OK, my patience has run out.
Enough is Enough.
Uncle!

After several days of fooloing around;
This morning I tried to roll back to a version of the workbench that the FreeRTOS demo(s) will work with.

I removed the workbench and attempted to install what appears to be v4.3 of the workbench from the IAR website
but it shows up as v 5.11B !?? and complains about GNU toolset when I try to load the FreeRTOS demo eww file !??

Please, gentlemen:
Which combination of FreeRTOS v5.1.1, GNU toolchain, Kickbench (which install file), software framework, etcetera
ACTUALLY BUILDS AND RUNS???

klvaneyll wrote on Friday, December 05, 2008:

Hi Richard,

I’ve been working with this processor for about 9 months now and had to laugh at your comment about Atmel’s code as I’ve thought the same thing many times. I like the processor but the code package is frustrating to say the least.
I’m pretty sure that I can fix the FreeRTOS demo but I’m working under an insane deadline so don’t have much time to work on it. If you can wait a week or so maybe I can send you something that works.
One thing I want to mention as that there’s 2 different versions of processor out there: 1 is rev E I think, and is labeled with an ‘ES’ after the part number. Rev F, the production version, doesn’t have this. ‘ES’ parts only work with Framework version 1.2 or earlier. Rev F parts must use framework version 1.3 or later. Code written for the ‘ES’ parts will not run on the production parts and vice-versa. To make things more interesting, the Atmel engineers felt it necessary to change the names of some constants in their header files (not the values, just the names) which gives compiler errors. I think that’s what s_potter is running into.
Anyway I’ll take a stab at fixing the demo if you don’t mind waiting a bit.

rtel wrote on Friday, December 05, 2008:

The latest AVR32 Embedded Workbench version is 3.10, the build works with version 2.21 (as previously noted).  I am very confused by the version numbers you are giving.  Also the IAR and GCC ports are completely separate and not intended to be used together.

Regards.

Thanks - that’s great information.

Regards.

Confused version numbers is an understatement.

The http://www.iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/780/1/index.php page shows "Product News" for V5,11, 5.10, and 4.30; all using the same download link to "KS4" (KickStart 4?)  which is actually seems to be kickstart 5.

I currently have 3 workbench installation files:-

EWAVR32-KS-WEB-310A.exe
EWAVR32-KS-CD-221B.exe
ewavr-ks4-web-511B.exe

I have two SoftwareFramework files:-

AVR32-SoftwareFramework-1.3.0-AT32UC3A.zip
AVR32-SoftwareFramework-AT32UC3A-1.4.0.zip

The later workbench wants an updated GNU toolchain (avr32-gnu-toolchain-2.0.3.exe).

I have been banging at this for several days and have not found a combination that will build the FreeRTOS and run ‘out of the box’.

Trying to build FreeRTOS v.5.1.1,
I have not been able to build with any success.

Ths does NOT bode well for consistent develoment environment.

OK so
Workbench 4.0 is v 2.21B ?

FreeRTOS v5.1.1 does not build with Workbench 4.> (2.21B), missing/mismatched …CRYSTAL… defiitions.

FreeRTOS v5.1.1 does not build with Workbench 5 (3.1A), missing/mismatched Interrupt, PWM, and UART defiitions (with either of the two SoftwreFramework header files, or default).

Somebody please tell me which combination works:-

FreeRTOS v5.1.1
Workbench 4 / 2.21B / 5 / 3.10A
Software Framework (default) / 1.3.0 / 1.4.0
AVR GNU toolchain: req’d / not req’d / 2.0.3

I am given to understand that v5.1.1 + WB 2.21B + SF (default) + no special GNU toolchain should work -
but that combination gives me:-
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL0_MODE_CRYSTAL_G2" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 162
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL0_MODE_CRYSTAL_G3" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 163
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL1_MODE_CRYSTAL_G2" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 223
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL1_MODE_CRYSTAL_G3" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 224
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL32_MODE_EXT_CLOCK" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 278
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL32_MODE_CRYSTAL" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 284

???   Hurrumpfh  !!

> Confused version numbers is an understatement.
>
> The http://www.iar.com/website1/1.0.1.0/780/1/index.php page
> shows "Product News" for V5,11, 5.10, and 4.30; all using the
> same download link to "KS4" (KickStart
> 4?)  which is actually seems to be kickstart 5.
>
> I currently have 3 workbench installation files:-
>
> EWAVR32-KS-WEB-310A.exe
> EWAVR32-KS-CD-221B.exe
> ewavr-ks4-web-511B.exe

That explains a lot.  The last in the list is for the AVR processor - that is the 8 bit AVR, not the AVR32.

The software frame work will use the IAR tools or the GCC tools, maybe it can be built with both (like the FreeRTOS demo is supposed to), but not both at the same time.

Regards.

OK SO I have an EVK1100, which has a "UC3A0512ES" chip on it.

What do I have to install to get the FreeRTOS v5.1.1 to build and run?

WB 2.21B generates:-
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL0_MODE_CRYSTAL_G2" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 162
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL0_MODE_CRYSTAL_G3" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 163
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL1_MODE_CRYSTAL_G2" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 223
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL1_MODE_CRYSTAL_G3" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 224
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL32_MODE_EXT_CLOCK" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 278
Error[Pe020]: identifier "AVR32_PM_OSCCTRL32_MODE_CRYSTAL" is undefined C:\Projects\AVR32\FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_IwIP\Demo\AVR32_UC3\DRIVERS\PM\pm.c 284

EVK1100 kit has a UC3A1512-U chip.
So do our ‘production’ prototypes.

An earlier post indicates issues with "Software Framework" for chip version.

What does the "-U" mean for the Software Framework version?

Richard Barry gave me a zip file with a set of header files (AVR32) -
it builds! :-))
and runs!!!!!!! :-)))))

Thank you, Richard!

Now the fun starts! :slight_smile:

Note:-

This is FreeRTOS demo v5.1.1 (for AVR32 : UC3A)

with Kickstart workbench 4.0 ( 3/10A) - out of the box
(no ‘software framework’ or GNU tools update)

Steven

s_potter wrote on Monday, December 08, 2008:

(Week 2)
Basic FreeRTOS Demo (built with IAR KickStart Workbench 4.0) builds and runs.

lwIP demo will not build under IAR Workbench:-
     Insufficient stack space

OK: Install Cygwin
Which version of the GCC toolset do I need?
Let’s try avr-gnut-oolchain 2.0.3:-

make (from GCC directory):-

…/cygdrive/c/Projects/AVR32/FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_Eth/Demo/lwIP_AVR32_UC3/AT32UC3A/gcc
$ make

avr32-gcc (GCC) 4.2.2-atmel.1.0.8 (mingw32 special)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Compiling `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c to `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.o.
Warning: Deprecated arch `uc’ specified. Please use ‘-march=ucr1’ instead. Converting to arch ‘ucr1’
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_0_FUNCTION’ undeclared here (not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_1_FUNCTION’ undeclared here (not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_2_FUNCTION’ undeclared here (not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_3_FUNCTION’ undeclared here (not in a function)
make: *** […/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.o] Error 1

Steven@ICSS_TP5 /cygdrive/c/Projects/AVR32/FreeRTOS_v5.1.1_Eth/Demo/lwIP_AVR32_UC3/AT32UC3A/gcc
$

Hmmmm     "…PWM_PWM…" again?

Now what?

rtel wrote on Monday, December 08, 2008:

I am using avr32-gcc (GCC) 4.1.2-atmel.1.1.0

Build output:

avr32-gcc (GCC) 4.1.2-atmel.1.1.0
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Compiling `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c’ to `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/INTC/intc.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/INTC/intc.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/TC/tc.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/TC/tc.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/PM/pm.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/PM/pm.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/MACB/macb.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/MACB/macb.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/GPIO/gpio.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/GPIO/gpio.o’.
Compiling `…/…/DRIVERS/FLASHC/flashc.c’ to `…/…/DRIVERS/FLASHC/flashc.o’.
Compiling `…/…/main.c’ to `…/…/main.o’.
Compiling `…/…/PARTEST/ParTest.c’ to `…/…/PARTEST/ParTest.o’.
Compiling `…/…/SERIAL/serial.c’ to `…/…/SERIAL/serial.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/tasks.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/tasks.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/queue.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/queue.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/list.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/list.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/croutine.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/croutine.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/Minimal/flash.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/Minimal/flash.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/GCC/AVR32_UC3/port.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/GCC/AVR32_UC3/port.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_3.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/MemMang/heap_3.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/inet.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/inet.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/mem.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/mem.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/memp.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/memp.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/netif.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/netif.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/pbuf.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/pbuf.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/raw.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/raw.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/stats.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/stats.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/sys.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/sys.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp_in.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp_in.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp_out.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/tcp_out.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip_addr.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip_addr.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/icmp.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/icmp.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/sockets.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/sockets.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/tcpip.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/tcpip.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/api_msg.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/api_msg.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/err.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/err.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/api_lib.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/api/api_lib.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/netif/etharp.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/netif/etharp.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/udp.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/udp.o’.
Compiling `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip_frag.c’ to `…/…/…/…/Demo/Common/ethernet/lwIP/core/ipv4/ip_frag.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/lwip-port/AT32UC3A/sys_arch.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/lwip-port/AT32UC3A/sys_arch.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/lwip-port/AT32UC3A/ethernetif.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/lwip-port/AT32UC3A/ethernetif.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/BasicWEB/BasicWEB.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/BasicWEB/BasicWEB.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/BasicTFTP/BasicTFTP.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/BasicTFTP/BasicTFTP.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/BasicSMTP/BasicSMTP.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/BasicSMTP/BasicSMTP.o’.
Compiling `…/…/NETWORK/ethernet.c’ to `…/…/NETWORK/ethernet.o’.
Compiling `…/…/printf-stdarg.c’ to `…/…/printf-stdarg.o’.
Assembling `…/…/SERVICES/USB/CLASS/DFU/EXAMPLES/ISP/BOOT/trampoline.S’ to `…/…/SERVICES/USB/CLASS/DFU/EXAMPLES/ISP/BOOT/trampoline.o’.
Assembling `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/GCC/AVR32_UC3/exception.S’ to `…/…/…/…/Source/portable/GCC/AVR32_UC3/exception.o’.
Linking to `uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf’.
/usr/local/lib/gcc/avr32/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/avr32/bin/ld: uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf: warning: allocated section `.dalign’ not in segment
/usr/local/lib/gcc/avr32/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/avr32/bin/ld: uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf: warning: allocated section `.bss’ not in segment
/usr/local/lib/gcc/avr32/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/avr32/bin/ld: uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf: warning: allocated section `.heap’ not in segment
/usr/local/lib/gcc/avr32/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/avr32/bin/ld: uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf: warning: allocated section `.stack’ not in segment
Creating extended listing to `uc3a0512-lwipdemo.lss’.
Creating symbol table to `uc3a0512-lwipdemo.sym’.
Creating Intel HEX image to `uc3a0512-lwipdemo.hex’.
Creating binary image to `uc3a0512-lwipdemo.bin’.

uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf  :
section              size         addr
.reset             0x2008   0x80000000
.got                  0xc         0x20
.init                0x1c   0x80002008
.text             0x1acb0   0x80002024
.exception          0x200   0x8001ce00
.fini                0x18   0x8001d000
.rodata             0x2d8   0x8001d018
.dalign               0x4          0x4
.eh_frame             0x4          0x8
.ctors                0x8          0xc
.dtors                0x8         0x14
.jcr                  0x4         0x1c
.data               0x8c8         0x2c
.balign               0x4        0x8f4
.bss               0x75c8        0x8f8
.heap              0x7140       0x7ec0
.comment            0xb7c          0x0
.debug_aranges     0x1c18          0x0
.debug_pubnames    0x3454          0x0
.debug_info       0x4c2ba          0x0
.debug_abbrev      0x8b75          0x0
.debug_line        0xb522          0x0
.debug_frame       0x4e1c          0x0
.debug_str         0x3b2c          0x0
.debug_loc         0xdb9b          0x0
.stack             0x1000       0xf000
.debug_ranges       0x410          0x0
Total             0xa99ec

text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
0x1d1c4   0x8ec  0xf710  184768   2d1c0 uc3a0512-lwipdemo.elf

Damn!

If I walk through the 4 or 5 links, starting at almel.com for AVR32 to get to the download page
I get offered toolchain 2.0.3, which is the oe OI tried to run make with and failed (above).
Where do I get the older toolchain that the lwIP demo will build with, for the EVK1100?
(and which version is it?)

Link sequence:-

http://support.atmel.no/bin/customer

http://support.atmel.no/bin/customer?=&inc=help32

http://support.atmel.no/knowledgebase/avr32studiohelp/com.atmel.avr32.tool.ngw100/html/documentation_avr32_gnu_toolchain.html

http://support.atmel.no/knowledgebase/avr32studiohelp/com.atmel.avr32.tool.ngw100/html/download.html

http://www.atmel.com/products/avr32/

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=682

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4118

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/avr32-gnu-toolchain-2.0.3.exe

I can’t find a version of the GNU tool kit with GCC avr32-gcc (GCC) 4.1.2-atmel.1.1.0

I dumped ThreadX (for AVR32) because FileX and NetX are another $12,500 each!

I am now considering dumping FreeRTOS as well because it doesn’t match the version of the toolset that Atmel are pushing (at least the demos don’t).

Let’s ignore IAR workbench compatibility issues for the moment!

I have spent close to 2 weeks, so far, and I was hoping to have a decent RTOS, with a file system, and, with a bit of luck, a working basic TCP/IP stack (at least TFTP, FTP, UDP, HTTP) running - so I could get on with building an application.

So far, it has proved to be a total headache - literally, on a few notable days! :slight_smile:

I know it is very time-consuming to maintain software. Richard is a very busy fellow.

IAR seem to be causing a lot of unnecessary hardship by changing symbol names.

I’m just trying to get started - and I’m wishing I hadn’t! :-)))

I can only imagine what a headache it is going to be to get colleagues ‘up and running’ with twe same environment!

I’m not sure I could set it all up the same way twice - even when I do figure out which versions of which packages, with with patches, are needed.

What a mess!

So where do I get the toolchain that includes the version of the GCC compiler and a BSP that will build and run the lwIP demo on an EVK1100?

OK  It was a header file compatibility issue, and putting the right header files in the right path.

Basic problem is that BOTH Atmel and IAR have ‘moved on’ since FreeRTOS was running for AVR32.

Website downloads will not work ‘out of the box’.

With help from Steve Egeter (IAR) and Richard Barry (FreeRTOS)
I have been able to get the basic FreeRTOS demo running in KickStar Workbench 4.0
and I have now successfully built the lwIP demo with cygwin and gnu tools (v2.0.3)
(later compiler is OK).

Next - build lwIP with AVR studio, and get the debuger going.

Thanks to gents mentioned.

oborf3f wrote on Sunday, December 14, 2008:

Hello,
I have a similar problem to  AVR32 demo and can’t get the compilation to succeed.
Can you details which header files you put in which path ?
Thanks

rtel wrote on Sunday, December 14, 2008:

Send an email to me at r [dot] barry (at) freertos.org and I can send you the files.  Don’t use a SourceForge email address.  Also let me know which compiler you are using.

Regards.

nhorse wrote on Wednesday, February 25, 2009:

After downloading FreeRTOS v5.1.2 I am attempting to build the AT32UC3A example with GCC. I get a similar error:

avr32-gcc (GCC) 4.2.2-atmel.1.0.8 (mingw32 special)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Compiling `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c’ to `…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.o’.
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_0_FUNCTION’ undeclared here
(not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_1_FUNCTION’ undeclared here
(not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_2_FUNCTION’ undeclared here
(not in a function)
…/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.c:77: error: ‘AVR32_PWM_PWM_3_FUNCTION’ undeclared here
(not in a function)
make: *** […/…/BOARDS/EVK1100/led.o] Error 1

Do you have the updated header files to make this work?