FreeRTOS+FAT SL, SD Card, initialization issue

owaisfazal wrote on Wednesday, September 17, 2014:

Okay thanks, I am looking into it and will post once I get it working.
Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,
Owais

owaisfazal wrote on Wednesday, September 17, 2014:

I can’t express my happiness … thanks everyone specially Wonjae for the continuous support. I have finally managed to fix the problem and now i can write on the SD card and even check the written files on my PC. It turns out as Wonjae said earlier that the initialization has to be correct and there was just a minor mistake in my initialization, I forgot to set the bus width to 4-bits by sending the ACMD6 command to the SD card controller when I realized this it was a matter of minute that everything started to work smoothly as if there was never a problem.

Once again thank you everyone for bearing my stressful posts and helping me throughout.

Regards,
Owais

zealhero wrote on Wednesday, September 17, 2014:

Congratulations!

Can you read the file in SD card wrote by FAT SL?
Please give me a tip if you can use the SD card both PC and FAT SL system. It doesn’t work in my system as I posted already.

Regards,
Wonjae

owaisfazal wrote on Thursday, September 18, 2014:

Hello and thanks,

Yes I have to do some testing but as far as I know I can create files on the SD card and then I can read those files on my PC as well. I am using a pre-formatted card at the moment but I will do some testing with a non-formatted card and will let you know if it still works with the pc.

Thanks for you help and I wish you best of luck.

Regards,
Owais

rtel wrote on Thursday, September 18, 2014:

Please post the working code for both platforms, along with a little description of the platform and interface, to the following FreeRTOS Interactive form (which I have just created). Thanks.

http://interactive.freertos.org/forums/21199265-FreeRTOS-FAT-SL

owaisfazal wrote on Monday, October 27, 2014:

Hello,

I am trying to upload an example that I worked out for FreeRTOS+FAT SL using SD card. I created an account last week on FreeRTOS interactive but now for some reason it says that my account has been suspended. Please look into this so that I may upload the example for Cortex-M.

Regards,
Owais

rtel wrote on Monday, October 27, 2014:

Sorry about that - a little while ago a lot of spam appeared on the site and the anti-spam settings were set up to a pretty aggressive level. It looks like you were an innocent victim. In any case I have manually unsuspended your account. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards.

owaisfazal wrote on Tuesday, October 28, 2014:

Hello,

Thanks for fixing the matter with my account. However, I uploaded my example as a zip file along with some description which is not yet available on the interactive page. Please look into this and if there is some problem regarding the upload please let me know.

Regards,
Owais

rtel wrote on Tuesday, October 28, 2014:

I would be grateful if you could upload the code again - sorry for the
inconvenience.

I have uploaded it again. Please check and approve.

rtel wrote on Tuesday, October 28, 2014:

Done - thanks for taking the time.

[curiously, white listing one of your posts made both of them turn up!]

Yes, I can see them both now. Maybe the other one was also waiting in line. Anyhow they are both the same.